Why CAD Software?
This technology makes product design more efficient by automating processes that were once manual, such as traditional drafting. With 3D CAD, designers can also do solid modeling, creating three-dimensional representations of their products.
But CAD isn't just about convenience or bells and whistles.
Broadly speaking, CAD software helps you explore concept design ideas, create product designs, carry out simulations and analyses, and perform engineering calculations. In other words, CAD tools assist you with the experimentation, exploration, and iteration needed to make the most of your design's potential. The overarching goal? Better products produced more efficiently and at less cost so that you get your products to market faster.
We’re proud of the fact that PTC invented and first launched parametric CAD modeling software nearly 30 years ago. Today, product development professionals worldwide use our flagship CAD software suite, PTC Creo.
Why PTC Creo?
PTC Creo is a suite of applications you can use to design products the way you want – not the way your CAD tool requires. With PTC Creo, you can create, analyze, view, and share designs downstream using 2D CAD, 3D CAD, parametric and direct modeling capabilities. Each PTC Creo application shares the same user interface and is interoperable, meaning data can seamlessly transition from one to another.
What PTC Creo Can Do For You
- Take advantage of technical surfacing capabilities, advanced surfacing, rendering, and reverse engineering.
- Explore innovative product development opportunities with the most powerful concept design tools on the market, including: freeform surfacing, integrated parametric and direct modeling, and more.
- Easily create 2D schematic designs and documentation for piping, cabling, and harnesses, and then use them to drive the associated 3D CAD models.
- It's all here: from the basics of part and assembly modeling to mechanisms to aesthetic surface design.
- Analyze and validate the performance of your 3D CAD designs before you make the first part.
- Make sure stakeholders throughout the organization can easily view, interact, and share product data.
- Ensure product designs seamlessly transition to manufacturing with NC, tooling and mold design solutions.
- Work effectively with data from multiple CAD systems in a single design environment.