PTC Introduces PTC Creo Elements/Direct 19.0 with Improved Productivity and Multi-CAD Interoperability
Supporting a focus on high value product development activities by making everyday design tasks easier and enabling more efficient collaboration
NEEDHAM, MA - June 16, 2014 - PTC (Nasdaq: PTC) today announced the availability of PTC Creo® Elements/Direct® 19.0 software. This latest version of the company's direct modeling software delivers productivity enhancements in the core areas of modeling, drafting and data management. These enhancements are complemented by greater interoperability with PTC Creo 3.0 and other non-PTC CAD systems, via PTC's UniteTM technology.
"With PTC Creo Elements/Direct 19.0, we have introduced new multi-CAD import functionality to support collaboration, a key aspect of the modern product development process," said Martin Neumüller, Director of Product Management, PTC. "PTC Creo Elements/Direct 19.0 also introduces new and enhanced capabilities and streamlined workflows to improve ease of use and productivity."
"The new import capabilities in PTC Creo Elements/Direct 19.0 will allow us to collaborate more effectively with companies using different CAD tools," said Nobuaki Sugimoto, mechanical designer, Icom, Inc.
Specific enhancements introduced with this release include:
Enhanced multi-CAD collaboration
- Support for direct import of SolidWorks and Autodesk Inventor data enables teams to quickly and easily incorporate design information without the need for additional software. Upward compatibility with PTC Creo is also significantly enhanced.
Optimized design workflows
- Higher productivity is enabled through optimized design workflows for a variety of regularly used features. In addition, the introduction of template-based drawing creation significantly reduces redundant effort by enabling the re-use of existing drawings as a starting point.
New concept design capabilities
- Concept design is made easier with the introduction of new 2D and 3D tools including support for the use of 2D images in concept development, a palette of pre-defined 2D shapes and new curve creation commands.
New sheet metal capabilities
- New capabilities in the sheet metal module allow the creation of fully valid, un-foldable sheet metal parts that represent a transition between two parallel profiles.
Scalable data management
- Through core infrastructural improvements, PTC Creo Elements/Direct Model Manager delivers greater scalability for large deployments.
- What's New in PTC Creo Elements/Direct 19.0 (website)
- Top 10 Reasons to Upgrade to PTC Creo Elements/Direct 19.0
- PTC Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Version Comparison
PTC (Nasdaq: PTC) enables manufacturers to achieve sustained product and service advantage. PTC's technology solutions help customers transform the way they create, operate and service products for a smart, connected, world. Founded in 1985, PTC employs approximately 6,000 professionals serving more than 28,000 businesses in rapidly-evolving, globally distributed manufacturing industries worldwide. Get more information at PTC.com
WeberShandwick for PTC
PTC, Creo, Elements/Direct, Unite and the PTC logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of PTC Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and in other countries.