PTC Product Media Advisory: PTC Extends the Capabilities of Windchill
New Enhancements and Modules Further Help Customers Solve Complex Product Development Challenges
NEEDHAM, MA. - November 15, 2011 - PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC), The Product Development Company®, today announced enhanced capabilities for its Windchill® family of product lifecycle management (PLM) solutions - further enabling manufacturers to do more throughout the product lifecycle, know more about product performance and get more value from PLM.
Do more throughout the product lifecycle
- Windchill Service Information ManagerTM and Windchill Service PartsTM are now available. These new offerings repurpose product structures to enable product-centric information and change management of configuration-specific service and parts information. The product-centric content maintains associativity with engineering CAD data throughout the product lifecycle; resulting in more accurate service and parts information. In turn, this enables a more efficient product and customer support organization.
Know more about product performance
- New capabilities within Windchill Product AnalyticsTM (formerly InSightTM) help manufacturers ensure that they meet the latest product performance requirements with expanded specifications to assess product compliance with new REACH substances and the E.U. Battery directive.
- Windchill Quality SolutionsTM (formerly Relex®) further enhances product and process quality across the lifecycle with new closed-loop capabilities to ensure that quality problems can be included within the enterprise change management process and that critical Creo design characteristics can be part of a failure analysis.
- Windchill NonconformanceTM (new module) offers highly structured, automated, and repeatable processes to validate how non-conforming products were internally addressed.
- Windchill MSG-3TM (new module) helps aircraft maintenance groups identify and schedule reliability-centered maintenance tasks in accordance with ATA standard MSG-3 (Maintenance Steering Group v.3).
Get more value from PLM
- Windchill SocialLinkTM now makes it easier to dynamically collaborate with product development colleagues by allowing users to add Windchill product events into a community's activity feed or directly post to communities from within Windchill by utilizing the new embedded social toolbar.
- PTC System MonitorTM (new monitoring tool) utilizes dynaTrace's Application Performance Management (APM) solution to monitor and proactively detect system bottlenecks in the Windchill production environment before they impact users. This tool will be available at no charge to all Windchill active maintenance customers. Future releases of PTC System Monitor will expand to include support for other PTC Enterprise solutions such as Arbortext® and IntegrityTM.
- PTC's Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) Resource Center (web site)
- PTC's Quality Lifecycle Management Resource Center (web site)
- PTC's Product Analytics Resource Center (web site)
- What's New in Windchill 10.0 (web site)
- Windchill 10.0 Interactive Experience (demo)
- Map Your Best Route to Product Value (eBook)
- Images and Captions
These additional Windchill capabilities are available now with the exception of PTC System Monitor, which will be available in early 2012. The timing of any product release, and any features or functionality thereof, is subject to change at PTC's discretion.
PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC) enables manufacturers to achieve maximum value from their product strategies with software and services designed to optimize key business processes throughout the entire product lifecycle - from conception and design to sourcing and service. PTC's integral solution portfolio enables customers to unleash product innovation, improve collaboration and ensure product data integrity within engineering and across the enterprise, supply chain and service partner networks. Founded in 1985, PTC employs over 6,000 professionals serving more than 27,000 customers worldwide. More information can be found at www.ptc.com.
PTC and its logo, The Product Development Company, Windchill, Creo Parametric, Creo Direct, Creo Illustrate, Windchill Service Information Manager, Windchill Service Parts, Windchill Product Analytics, Windchill Quality Solutions, Windchill Nonconformance, Windchill MSG-3, Windchill SocialLink, PTC System Monitor, Arbortext, Integrity, InSight and Relex are trademarks or registered trademarks of Parametric Technology Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.