Media Advisory: PTC Delivers Creo™ Elements/Direct™ 18.0
NEEDHAM, MA. - July 18, 2011 - PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC), the Product Development Company®, today announced the availability of CreoTM Elements/DirectTM 18.0 - the latest release of its market leading direct modeling solution and a member of the Creo family of design software.
Creo Elements/Direct is a complete design environment that offers the world's #1 direct 3D CAD modeler, along with 2D CAD, CAE and integrated product data management (PDM). Creo Elements/Direct provides speed, flexibility, and responsiveness-to-change for customers facing short design cycles, one-off product designs, or companies demanding a lightweight design process.
What's New in Creo Elements/Direct 18.0:
- More Intuitive Design Experience - improves ease of use and reduces the learning curve for those new to direct modeling through the new ribbon-based UI that is consistent across the Creo product family of applications.
- Optimized Design Workflows - improves the way designers work through new context-sensitive command controls in drafting and extended 3D modification commands in modeling.
- More Productive Design Data Management - broadens the reach of product data management and PLM support by enabling improved access and data sharing with a new Web Client and Web Services in Model Manager, and deeper process integration with Windchill.
- More Powerful Design Solution - broadens the designer's reach through interoperability with Creo 1.0. Engineers can take their Creo Elements/Direct designs and analyze and share them with Creo Simulation and Creo View MCAD, respectively.
Creo Elements/Direct 18.0 additionally enables users to take advantage of new Creo 1.0 applications for extended design needs such as simulation and visualization. This is part of PTC's strategy to give engineers and designers the greatest flexibility in choosing product design tools that fit their role in the product development process. Existing Creo Elements/Direct customers will continue to yield benefits to their business through updated and improved capabilities in Creo Elements/Direct 18.0.
"STIWA Holding GmbH uses Creo Elements/Direct because it gives us the flexibility to rapidly accommodate changes that happen late in the design cycle," said Thomas Mayer, responsible for mechanical CAD at STIWA Holding GmbH. "The new user interface in Creo Elements/Direct 18.0, improvements to key features in direct modeling, and the interoperability with the Creo apps will help drive productivity across our design team resulting in shorter design cycles and faster time to market."
"Creo Elements/Direct 18.0 demonstrates PTC's commitment to support our customers' freedom to choose the design approach that best fits their needs," said Justin Teague, DVP & General Manager, Design and Visualization Products Business Unit, PTC. "It delivers productivity enhancements that specifically address the needs of direct modeling users - lightweight, flexible, fast and connected through interoperability with the new Creo apps. Ultimately, Creo Elements/Direct enables customers to achieve competitive advantage by optimizing their design cycles and bringing innovative products to market quickly."
- Creo Elements/Direct 18.0 Resource Center
- Creo Elements/Direct (datasheet)
- Introduction to Creo Elements/Direct 18.0 (video)
- Top 10 New Features in Creo Elements/Direct 18.0 (video)
- Product images
PTC (Nasdaq: PMTC), The Product Development Company®, develops, markets and supports product development software solutions and related services that help companies achieve their product development strategies and optimize their processes. Using the company's tightly integrated CAD and enterprise PLM solutions, organizations are better able to create and manage product information throughout the lifecycle for optimal product development success. . More information may be found at www.ptc.com.
The announcement of the introduction of any particular PTC software product or service offering is not necessarily indicative of the timing of recognition of revenue therefrom or the level of revenue for any particular period. Information described herein is furnished for informational use only, is subject to change without notice, and should not be construed as a guarantee, commitment, condition or offer by PTC. The timing of any product release, including any features or functionality, is subject to change at PTC’s discretion. PTC and its logo, The Product Development Company, Creo and Elements/Direct are trademarks or registered trademarks of Parametric Technology Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.