2013/2014 Real World Design Challenge - Getting Started Page
What should my team do to get started?
Step 1: Register for the 2013/2014 RWDC Challenge
Step 2: Student Survey - Please have parents or guardians of participating students review the parent information form and the students complete the following survey.
- Student Survey - New (August 28, 2013)
- Parental Permission Form - New (August 28, 2013)
- This is not required to participate in the challenge, but all teams should review the survey. The Parental Permission form is only for those that will opt out from filling in the Student Survey.
Step 3: Download the software applications that will be used for this year's challenge
- RWDC Software Applications
- Note: To assist with the install, please review the installation videos below under the RWDC Installation Video section.
Step 4: The easiest way to get your team prepared for this challenge is to review the RWDC Coaches Handbook. The handbook will outline the details for this challenge and what your team is expected complete.
- 2013/2014 RWDC State Challenge Problem Statement - New (October 10, 2013)
- 2013/2014 RWDC State Challenge Detailed Background Guide - New (October 10, 2013)
- 2013/2014 RWDC Coaches Guide - New (October 10, 2013)
Step 5: As with previous years, the success of a team to solve the given challenge is through the partnership of a mentor. To help your team find a mentor, the RWDC committee has authored a mentor spreadsheet divided by the mentor's area of expertise. Please review the spreadsheet and contact a mentor to get started. Contact a mentor as soon as possible.
- Find a Mentor to help your team - New (October 24, 2013)
Step 6: Complete the Training Resources
- RWDC Course
Step 7: Access PTC Community and build networks with fellow team members, ask technical and support questions, review discussion board, blogs, documents and videos.
RWDC Challenge Resources
- To view videos created with Camtasia, please install the Techsmith Video Codec - http://download.techsmith.com/tscc/tscc.exe
- To view videos recorded with GoToMeeting, please install the GoToMeeting Video Codec - http://www.gotomeeting.com/codec
- RWDC Cost Calculator Worksheet - New (October 10, 2013)
- Weight & Balance Worksheet - New (October 10, 2013)
- Camera Footprint Calculator - New (October 10, 2013)
- Baseline CAD Models - New (October 10, 2013)
- RWDC State Scoring Rubric - New (October 10, 2013)
- Process Statement - New (October 10, 2013)
- PTC Mathcad Files -New (October 31, 2013)
RWDC Installation Videos - Teams will be using a range of products during this year's competition. To assist team with installation procedures, please review the videos below for assistance.
- Installing Creo 2.0 Student Edition - Coming Soon
- Installing Mathcad Prime 2.0 Student Edition - Coming Soon
RWDC Content Videos
- Kickoff Overview
- RWDC Module 1 - Overview of UAS
- RWDC Module 2: Precision Agriculture and UAS
- RWDC Module 3 - Eng Design and Aero Perf Factors
- RWDC Module 4 - Business Case
PTC Creo Training