PTC Windchill 10.1 FAQ
1. What's new with PTC Windchill 10.1?
PTC Windchill 10.1 builds upon PTC Windchill 10.0 with more capabilities to :
- Do More throughout the product lifecycle: PTC Windchill offers more breadth of product-related content with new capabilities to manage software that was developed using Integrity or Open Source tools as well as new capabilities to help retail manufacturers easily understand both the hard and soft good components within a particular product. PTC Windchill also offers more depth with significant process improvements in automating the creation of new, geometrically-accurate 3D product configurations.
- Know more about your product performance: PTC Windchill Quality offerings use the latest product structure information to provide early and accurate insight into product reliability. PTC Windchill Product Analytics now offers real-time, OOTB integration with online compliance information hubs to streamline access to compliance and component information.
- Get more value out of your PLM system: PTC Windchill 10.1 builds upon the PTC Windchill 10.0 user experience with more graphical information and capabilities to help accelerate user tasks. A new module, PTC Windchill Mobile gives you up-to-date visibility on product and process information - anytime, anywhere. And more system administration tools help improve the reliability and lower the overhead associated with running a PTC Windchill installation.
2. What are some of the specific capability enhancements offered with this release?
- Access PTC Windchill anywhere - The new PTC Windchill Mobile app, initially available on the iPad and iPhone, can improve productivity by providing users with up-to-date product and process information - anytime, anywhere
- Comprehensive requirements management - The rich, collaborative requirements authoring and management capabilities of Integrity are now combined with the powerful flow-down traceability within PTC Windchill
- New flexible reporting tools - Easily configure and save reports, interact with related graphs and automatically monitor developing trends before critical thresholds are exceeded
- Proactively monitor system performance - The PTC System Monitor continuously monitors the PTC Windchill production environment to help administrators reduce problem resolution time and lower total cost of ownership
- Mitigate Supply Chain Risk and Comply with Evolving Regulations using PTC Windchill Product Analytics
- Improve supply chain communications and compliance reporting in the automotive industry with enhanced IMDS integration
- Effectively mitigate risk and ensure compliance with the new U.S. government Conflict Minerals law
- Ensure accurate product cost estimates and historical information with multi-currency capabilities
- New Quality closed-loop capabilities
- Easily manage a traceable record of customer issues and resolutions in accordance with government and quality management standards with the new PTC Windchill Customer Experience Management module
- Utilize up-to-date, critical-to-quality PTC Creo characteristics within risk and reliability analysis
- Escalate quality issues identified in PTC Windchill FRACAS to an enterprise-wide change management or CAPA process through direct association with the change request or any related product objects
- Manage software executables that were developed using Integrity or open source tools - Ensure software releases are synchronized with product configurations as well as manage any related defects and issues
- Improve the consumer and retail product designer's visibility and efficiency - Products in FlexPLM 10.1 can now reference CAD models that are managed within PTC Windchill PDMLink
3. What is happening with PTC Windchill RequirementsLink?
Because the MKS acquisition allows PTC to offer our customers a full-fledged requirements management offering, PTC decided to retire the PTC Windchill RequirementsLink product and associated packaging. But we are not retiring the technology. The requirements object and related traceability features of PTC Windchill RequirementsLink will remain in PTC Windchill PDMLink and be utilized by the integration with Integrity.
4. How do I get the PTC Windchill Mobile app? Is there a charge for this app?
The PTC Windchill Mobile app is available on Apple iTunes and can be downloaded for free. Try it out for yourself as the app includes a small demo dataset.
But in order to connect with a live PTC Windchill system, one must purchase a PTC Windchill Mobile server license and then configure their server.
5. Are there any PTC Creo applications being launched in conjunction with PTC Windchill 10.1?
Simultaneously with PTC Windchill 10.1, PTC is releasing PTC Creo 2.0, which includes:
- The new PTC Creo Options Modeler App to create and validate modular products in 3D
- New and enhanced concept design apps to help explore more alternatives
- Up to double design productivity for Pro/ENGINEER users
Please check the PTC Creo page for more information.
6. What services are available for getting PTC Windchill 10.1 rapidly into production?
PTC Global Services, the world's largest dedicated PLM services organization, is uniquely suited to ensure implementation success in even the most complex organizational environment.
- Our Value Centric Engagement Model ensures cross-organizational alignment on key business objectives, with fully approved definitions of value, a detailed roadmap that connects business need with technical feasibility, and clear accountability for program governance and decision making
- Process-based design aligns our technology with strategic business requirements, best practice processes, organizational constraints, and PTC's technology roadmap
- Off-the-shelf configuration adapts PTC technology to process priorities while minimizing deployment risks, accelerating time to value, and increasing flexibility for future organizational needs
- Role-based adoption programs accelerate team learning and business impact with a comprehensive, customized approach tied directly to the deployment roadmap and to individual and work group needs for process improvement
7. What training will customers require with PTC Windchill 10.1 and where can I get additional training information?
PTC's role-based approach to training ensures that PTC Windchill users, managers, and others can receive the specific training they need to improve job performance without getting bogged down in unnecessary courses or material. With unmatched depth in PLM, flexible learning approaches, and role-based curricula, PTC gets you to work on PTC Windchill 10.1 faster, more efficiently, and with ongoing support as needed. To learn more, visit PTC University.
8. How can I learn more about PTC Windchill 10.1?
- Visit the PTC Windchill interactive product tour
- Visit the What's New in PTC Windchill 10.1 Web page
Note: The timing of any product release, including any features or functionality, is subject to change at PTC's discretion