BOM Generation Enhancements
In PTC Windchill 10.2 M010, creation and verification of BOMs have been updated in the PTC Windchill Workgroup Manager for ECAD.
PDM & Process Solutions
PTC Windchill Integrations
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill ECAD/MCAD Integrations
PTC Windchill PDMLink
PTC Windchill Workgroup Manager for ECAD
|Product Functional Area||
ECAD Data Management
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices|
Benefits and Description
The previous implementation of the BOM Attribute Definition Editor required users to load a CSV file containing design attributes. Users had to manually create the file using the command line in the Creo View Interface for ECAD. They could not enter design level attributes manually in the user interface.
The 10.2 M010 version of the BOM tools has the following capabilities:
- Delivers the ability to select an ECAD Design item such as a project file or board file when executing the Load action in the BOM Attributes Mapping Editor. The PTC Windchill Workgroup Manager for ECAD starts the pvecad2pvs utility in the background. The resulting CSV file is loaded, and the user is able to select the design attributes in the UI as implemented today.
- Delivers BOM Attributes Mapping at either the System or Design level.
- Delivers the BOM Report so the user can review BOM issues, missing parts in Windchill, or parts with missing part numbers.
- Supports editing associations between Parts and EPMDocs in the BOM Manager UI, when the user selects the Assign Part Tags action to MI ASM, MI BRD, and MI SCH using Client connector APIs.
- Uses the Default Part Structure Source preference to define the type of build rule that should be created between MI ASM and Assembly Part (either Owner or Image).