PTC System Monitor 2.1 Monitoring of Windchill 9.1, 10.0, and 10.1
The PTC System Monitor 2.1 release includes improvements in installation, property management, system profiles, and base functionality capabilities.
PDM & Process Solutions
|Product / Module||
PTC System Monitor
PTC Windchill PDMLink
PTC Windchill ProjectLink
|Product Functional Area||
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices|
Benefits and Description
The PTC System Monitor (PSM) is a separate, independent, application performance monitoring system that is powered by the Production Edition of dynaTrace. PTC has tailored the dynaTrace Production Edition to meet the needs for monitoring PTC product development systems (PDS) such as Windchill. The PTC System Monitor provides useful dashboards and instrumentation that allows monitoring while maintaining critical performance requirements.
The PTC System Monitor 2.1 release includes improvements in the following areas:
- Property management on Windchill
- System profile
- Dashboard naming convention changes, improved Method Server Status dashboard, and new User Activity dashboard
- Workgroup Manager and log4J sensor improvements
- Eight new business transactions and the addition of client and browser information in many business transactions
- New Deadlock Threads incident
- Support for monitoring multiple background method servers
- Support for monitoring Windchill Business Reporting
- Base functionality with the inclusion of dynaTrace 4.2
- Client changes to improve usability
- Zero configuration for host monitoring
- Better external call analysis
- Enhanced cloud capabilities including smart detection of various virtualization platforms.
These improvements are further described in PTC System Monitor What's New - Windchill.
For more information about the PTC System Monitor, see the videos and documentation available at http://www.ptc.com/go/psm.