EPP Auto Execution Mode Improvements
In Windchill 10.1 M030, automatically executed plans now include several enhancements to provide a greater degree of control and predictability when scheduling and executing activities.
|Product / Module||
PTC Windchill ProjectLink
|Product Functional Area||
Project Management and Execution
|User Interface Location|
|Processes, Initiatives, and Best Practices||
Benefits and Description
Starting in 10.1 M030, EPP plans in automatic execution mode offer the following enhancements, which will not cause incompatibility issues when importing and exporting from Microsoft Project.
Milestone Start and Completion
- You can now manually start a milestone.
- Milestones will no longer complete automatically. Instead, they must be completed manually or through a workflow process.
- An activity with unsatisfied precedence constraints no longer starts when it reaches the Start No Earlier Than date. Instead, both the precedence and the start date constraint must be satisfied before the activity starts.
- Activities can be any task type. Previously, only Fixed Work activities were supported.
- When actual dates are determined for an activity, the corresponding estimated date automatically resets to the actual date.
- Completing a summary activity now completes each unfinished child activity.
- The Actual Finish Date is set to the date on which the activity or assignment is completed, rather than the Estimated Finish Date value.
- A new Keep Actual Work preference provides the following changes:
- Completing an activity or assignment sets Work to the value of Actual Work rather than Estimated Work.
- A warning message appears if zero work is entered upon activity completion.
- Entering 100% as % Work Complete causes the Track Work action to behave like the Complete action.
Managing Resource Assignments
- Both scheduled and completed resource assignments are now visible on the activity information pages in the Resources table.
- You can now edit resource units for a resource assignment, even when the associated activity is in process. You can also modify the following attributes when tracking resource assignment work:
- Actual Work
- Remaining Work
- Estimated Finish Date
For more information, see Data Management Capabilities > Managing Projects > Projects and Programs in the Windchill Help Center.