Flexible and Powerful Design at Magnesium Elektron with Creo 2.0
Magnesium Elektron is a dedicated service organization specializing in the development, manufacture and supply of magnesium products and services to technology industries worldwide.
- Magnesium Elektron identified a requirement to reduce time to market by improving efficiencies throughout the design lifecycle. Refining the approach to large assembly management was key to this project.
- Magnesium Elektron chose Concurrent Engineering to help them adopt PTC Creo 2.0 and Creo Expert Framework (EFX)
- Magnesium Elektron will use Creo to experiment with different machine configurations and digitally prove out processes prior to the physical build of a machine. This will enable them to identify issues earlier and reduce errors, thus reducing costs and time to complete projects.
- Improved visualization
- Improved flexibility working with different ideas and options
- Reduced number of changes when physical build stage of project is reached
- Design within a 'space envelope' that can frequently change during the design process; Creo improves agility in responding to these changes