MEI Improves Search Efficiency by 30% with PTC Windchill
Madras Engineering Industries (MEI) has been in the auto ancillary industry, for about four decades. The company was founded in Chennai, India in 1966, to manufacture various components/assemblies for automotive industry.
- APQP Management is a necessity at MEI since they supply automotive parts to major OEMs like TATA, Ashok Leyland, Volvo Eicher, Daimler India, KAMAZ.
- MEI has been using PTC Creo Elements/Pro-e for many years. Softcell, an authorized PTC Reseller, helped MEI to reduce design time with the adoption of PTC Creo Advanced Assembly Extension to create assembly variants quickly. Softcell deployed PTC Windchill PDM Link at MEI, migrated legacy data to PTC Windchill, created project templates to manage MEI’s APQP process, and created product classifications to manage their part libraries.
- Reduced design lead time by 40% using PTC Creo Advanced Assembly Extension, thus reducing costs and increasing efficiency
- 40% reduction in time spent searching for product and project related information
- 20% reduction in data re-entry