Wielton Improves Business Results with PTC Windchill and PTC Creo
Wielton is Poland’s largest manufacturer of semi-trailers and trailers, and one of the 10 leading manufacturers in Europe. Its customers include Polish transport, construction, production, agriculture, and distribution companies, as well as foreign dealers of goods vehicles and semi-trailers.
- Wielton was looking for overall improvement of its product development cycle: collaboration between design and manufacturing departments, product quality and innovation. The business goals were: to increase productivity, to keep the leadership position in Poland and to become more visible and competitive on foreign markets.
- Working with 3D PRO Sp. z o.o. , an authorized PTC Gold Reseller in Poland, Wielton migrated from Pro/INTRALINK to PTC Windchill PDMLink. The new solution allowed to create single repository for all necessary data accessed by the users from different company’s departments.
- PTC Creo Elements/Pro is still efficiently used for product design and assembly optimization.
- Design drawings are automatically published from PTC Windchill PDMLink for manufacturing purposes, using PTC Windchill Info*Engine.
- Improved cooperation between departments, especially during approval and change management processes
- Improved overall product quality
- The number of hard copies of drawings dramatically decreased
- Design errors and rework visibly decreased