Thank you for registering for Creo 3.0 Schools Edition
Step 1: Identify Your License
Select the license that suits your education setting. The most frequent license choice is the Standard Standalone license.
Standard Standalone License
This is the most frequently used license in schools. A “standalone” license means that each computer is installed individually with a license that is “locked”. This license includes all the features needed to do simple and advanced modeling in the classroom.
- Pros: Easy to distribute, easy to install, works anywhere. This edition is recommended for those who are new to PTC Creo
- Cons: Must be installed individually; free license renewal every year required.
Premium Standalone License
This is a standalone license that is made available to educators that includes advanced capabilities. A single unique product code is “locked” to a computer which means that you will need as many product codes as you have computers. As this install is more complex and added features are for unique classroom cases, it is highly recommended to use the educational Standard Standalone License above.
- Pros: Includes more advanced features, (Sheet metal, Simulate, Illustrate, Machining, etc.) easy to install, works anywhere.
- Cons: Must be installed and re licensed individually. More complex than the Standard Edition. Requires a unique product code for each installation.
Premium Lab License
Also upgraded in capability, this option has 100 floating licenses installed on a server. Anyone connected to the local network can access the license from the server. Schools that use this option typically setup a server and one client computer, they then image the client computer and use that image to setup the other computers in the lab.
- Pros: Potentially saves install time, Easy to re license, includes more advanced features, (Sheet metal, Simulate, Illustrate, Machining, etc.).
- Cons: More complicated install, Creo will only work on the same network as the server.
Step 2: Install Software
Select the install guide of your choice. All information (DVD, license, etc.) necessary to install the software is included in the install guide below.
Step 3: Access Resources
We hope that you will enjoy our software. If you want to find free curriculum and training resources, please visit our K12 website. Thank you!K12 Website